Binding the book was no easy task. Originally, I had planned to bind using coptic technique which I had learned from one of the studio technicians when studying at Leeds College of Art. This would have worked by binding the book as usual, whilst also working the circuits into the back of each page with a similar stich. This did not work.
So, instead, I used a concertina fold, inspired by an old favourite of manual of mine: Non-Adhesive Binding: Books Without Paste or Glue (although, I used both paste and glue!). By creating a concertina spine I could sew the circuits along the width of the spine, and they would stay very firmly on their own tracks -minimising any interference. This also strengthened the spine of the book, and made it is easy to fully open pages.